CUSTOMER FOCUS” AND “LEADERSHIP” PRINCIPLES OF ISO 9001:2015. DO YOU HAVE THE SKILLS?
Is your organisation applying “Customer Focus” and “Leadership” principles of ISO 9001:2015?
Here are three questions to help you do a quick self-assessment:
CUSTOMER FOCUS – A quote by Bill Gates (Founder of Microsoft) summarises this principle: “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning”.
The Three Questions:
1. Are customers surveyed for feedback with the goal of understanding FROM THEIR PERSPECTIVE what features of your products or services they want improved?”
2. Are customer issues, including those of their customers or direct consumers tracked, resolved as quickly as possible, and used to plan product and service improvements?
3. Is everyone in the organisation aware of how their actions affect customers’ perception of the organisation’s products and services?
LEADERSHIP – A quote by Warren Bennis (American Leadership Consultant) summarises this principle: “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality”.
The Three Questions:
1. Is everyone, including junior and support staff, aware of the organisation’s vision, mission, and objectives and can they tell how their individual performance goals and objectives contribute to the attainment of this vision?
2. Are the resources, including human, material and infrastructural resources, needed to realize organisational goals and objectives determined and made available as required? Is there a plan to realize these?
3. Have the processes, responsibilities and authorisations needed to translate vision into goals been identified, defined and assigned?
For each question, score your organisation 5 if you strongly agree, 4 if you agree, 3 if you are undecided, 2 if you disagree and 1 if you strongly disagree.
If the total score is between 26 – 30, then your organisation needs to keep up the good work, though the sky is always the limit. If the total score is between 20 – 24, it is a pass for the organisation but there’s much room for improvement.
However, if it is less than 19, then alarm bells should go off. It means that your organisation stands the risk of losing customers to competitors that out-perform your organisation on “Customer Focus” and “Leadership”.
We will be happy to assist in improving your organisation’s commitment to implementing ISO 9001:2015 requirements for “Customer Focus” and “Leader” quality management principles.
Leitung Gate Limited